13.2.14

Cross



Cross
            I trudged through the bleak, dreary city on a cloudy day, and passed by many people on my way. I always find it interesting to watch others, I always have. I’ve always been interested in watching other people, particularly how they behave, and how they talk.
            Some people act like life is horrible, and they would rather be dead. Some people act as though life is great, and they wouldn’t trade it for anything. But most people just go through the day, go through the motions, and go through life without batting an eye or giving it a thought.
            However, everybody has a cross to bear. Some people’s crosses are made of different materials, and some have slightly bigger or smaller crosses, and sometimes people even add weight to their crosses. But everybody still carries their cross.
            I always wondered how my cross looked. Was it big or small? Was it made of heavy or light material? I never got the answer to that. Nobody could tell me, and I couldn’t see it. And that was slowly killing me.
            I passed by one person, his cross was massive. It was the largest cross I had ever seen, and it kept on getting more weight on it. But he never stumbled, he never fell due to it. He never let it drag him down.
            In fact, it almost seemed like the heavier his cross became, the lighter the bounce in his step was, the brighter the glint in his eye was. He was always laughing, always smiling, every time I saw him.
            I saw him a lot, and I always paid special attention to him. Why would he always be so happy when he had such a heavy weight? Why would he never let it pull him down? That word always plagued me, always frustrated me.
            Why?

Follow me,
Pick up your cross.
Follow me,
Forget your loss.
Follow me,
Let this be true.
Follow me,
I remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment