21.9.14

Tragedy

Tragedy

A light reflects over the vapor sea,
Playing,
Dancing,
Laying,
Prancing,
And it’s so entrancing,
Oh it’s so captivating to me.
It draws me in,
And spits me out,
Plays me like a fiddle,
And wears me down.
Then it rebuilds me,
I start anew,
All of this makes me wonder
What I should do.
Then I realize,
Not a minute has passed.
The light is still rising,
A shadow is cast.
But the shadow of the dawn
Doesn’t come close to the awe
That I feel while watching this,
I feel my heart sink to an abyss.
But the abyss is one of warmth,
Of love, joy, peace,
And so much more.
I feel my soul stretch,
From shore to shore,
Just as the light does,
It makes my mind just soar.
Soar over the clouds
Through which the light is shining,
I look down
And see the silver lining,
The silver lining on every cloud,
On every shadow,
Even on the ground.
Though the world keeps spinning,
And still goes round,
Time seems to slow,
And more time is found.
The light just flows,
And grows,
And before you know,
Another second has passed.
As I keep staring,
I lay in the grass
And my eyes scan the horizon,
In which my eyes stick fast,
And my mind shatters
With such a blast,
Such a blast
That it would move a mountain.
A mountain moves to light’s pure fountain.
I started to keep track of time,
But I stopped counting.
I stopped at the moment the sun came up,
It made me gasp,
It made me lust,
It made me lust after a world gone by,
A world where even the wingless could fly,
Fly in their minds,
And fly to the sky,
But then I thought
That world didn’t die.
It’s still here,
It’s in the now.
All you need
Is to look around.
Look at everything,
Beauty abounds.
See the world,
And hear the sounds.
So before I leave,
I need to see,
See just what the world can be.
See the colors,
See the leaves.
The leaves in fall,
Summer,
Winter,
Spring.
In each of those,
There is beauty.
This I remember,
This I sing.
There is beauty,
Even in tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment