6.6.13

Monster



Monster
            I was playing in the sandbox with my friend when she said “My mommy said that Mrs.  Deophilep won’t be our teacher anymore.”
            “My mommy said so too. Daddy was with her, and they both looked really scared. Like they were about to poop their pants.”
            We both laughed at that, and then she said “My mommy wouldn’t tell me why though. All she would say is she is a bad person who would be going away for a long time.”
            “I’m going to miss her, she was nice. But she asked me all these weird questions, like did she ever ask to talk to me alone, or do anything that made me feel funny. It was starting to scare me.”
            “My mommy asked me things too! She asked me if she ever got really close to me, or hugged me a lot. It was scary.”
            We both continued playing in the sandbox, and our conversation moved on. We played for a long time, but then my mommy told me to come inside. I said good bye to my friend, and ran inside.
            I sat cuddling with my mommy on the couch watching TV, when Mrs. Deophilep came on. I got all excited and said “Mommy, look! It’s my old teacher.”
            Mommy looked really worried, and said “Let’s change the channel; I don’t want you seeing her anymore.”
            “But mommy, I want to watch her on TV.”                                  
            “No honey, and stop whining.” She said as she changed the channel. But before she changed the channel, I saw Mrs. Deophilep being dragged away by policemen.
            “Mommy, why was she being taken by policemen? I thought policemen were nice.”
            “Policemen are nice sweetie, she wasn’t nice though. That’s why they were taking her.”
            “No, she was the nicest teacher I’ve ever had. She would always help me with my work, hug me when she saw me, and she was really nice to me.”
            My mom got really upset at that and started crying. I was really surprised by that, mommy never cried. I walked over to her and hugged her.
            “Don’t cry mommy. It’s okay.” We sat like that for a while longer, until I fell asleep. I slept like that for a long time, dreaming of mommy being happy and Mrs. Deophilep being nice like I thought she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment