3.9.13

Joy

Joy
            At first I was in shock. I didn’t know what to say, or do, or even feel. I couldn’t believe what I had heard, I just couldn’t. It was amazing, it was fantastic, it was the best thing to have ever touched my ears.
            As the beautiful words cascaded down my ears, my stomach fell off the face of the Earth, only to jump back up again, with butterflies to boot. As they fluttered around, bouncing off the walls of my stomach, I felt my smile progress.
            It progressed from a smirk, to a half smile, to a crooked smile, to a full blown, ear to ear grin. My teeth were showing, the gap in the front two and all, but I didn’t care. I knew it would last all day, and wouldn’t leave.
            I walked away with a bounce in my step, a smile on my face, and love for life. I was still wrapping my mind around what had just happened. I couldn’t believe my ears it was so amazing. I loved everything and everyone right now.

            I felt like I was on crack the way I was feeling, just so unbelievably happy. It was the best feeling ever, it was better than drugs. It was simply joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment