20.5.13

Darkness



Darkness
They say that darkness envelops everything, slowly consuming life until everything is dark. It did seem like everything was slowly becoming dark in my life, as the light faded away and everything started to become gray. But even in the dark, there is light. Without one there cannot be another. There is always light at the end.
This is like a storm, it seems really bad right now, but it will pass like all storms do. It’s still awful now though, and it gets worse every day. People never know what to say, and don’t want to be around me. But I know it will pass again, as it always does.
I was standing on a bridge with rocks tied to my feet, prepared to jump. I was prepared to die. I sat there, crying, thinking about what I was about to do. I knew nobody would walk down this road, knew that nobody would see me. But deep down inside I wanted somebody to walk by and stop me.
As I was about to jump, I heard footsteps and a yell of “Wait!” And somebody came up to me and said “What do you think you’re doing?”
I started crying and let it out, let it all out about how my life was so bad and making me so sad, how I had no reason to cry, but I still wanted to die, still wanted to fly, but knew I’d end up in the flames so far from the sky. God hated suicide, but that wasn’t on my mind, all I wanted to do was die.
She sat there listening to the whole thing, and when I was done my heart pounded, she didn’t say anything, she just gave me a hug, said it’d be alright, and said that I shouldn’t want to die. She gave me the number to a suicide hotline, with her number scrawled at the bottom. She said to give either a call if I ever wanted to talk.
She then helped me untie the rocks, and I walked with her all the way to my home. She never left me alone until I called the suicide hotline. I talked for an hour, and then I was done. I agreed to get counseling, and maybe get medicated. She then left, and I promised to call every week until I was better, and maybe even after. I knew it was true then, there is light in every dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment