5.5.13

Superheroes


Superheroes
            I walked down the scum filled street, in this scum filled city of Metropolis. I passed the trash and filth of the city, from obvious thieves to drunks who reeked of alcohol this early in the morning. I’ve done so much for this city, and they don’t even think to repay me by trying to get better, and cleaning the streets of those who won’t. I thought, I walked briskly to where I needed to go.
            “Murderer!” One man yelled at me from my right. I still walked along, trying to ignore the hate that people now stared at me.
            Apparently he unleashed an avalanche of hatred from everybody, because cries of “Murderer”, “Scum”, and many other, viler insults rained on me, from a cloud that severely darkened my mood.
            I had hoped to disguise myself by walking, but even that couldn’t help me since my secret identity had been uncovered. I had to do it. I had to kill those people, their minds had been taken over with no hope of recovery, and everybody would have had the same happen to them if I hadn’t.
            Then the camels’ back broke when a half empty can of beer flew from the side and hit me in the face. I whirled around to face him, and yelled “Why do you people keep doing this? I saved all of you more than once. I’ve saved the Earth! Why do you treat me like the dirt under your shoes, when I’ve done so much for you?”
            They were silent, but I knew the answer. Secretly, they were afraid of how strong I was. But now, now I would give them a reason to be afraid. To be very afraid. I shot lasers into the eyes of the woman who threw the beer can at me, and flew up as high as I could. I started circling the city, slowly getting faster and faster.
`           Then I went from zero to sixty in one second, and hit light speed. I flew around and around, creating a vortex that sucked all life out of the city, and destroyed the buildings. I screamed all while I did it, letting out my pent up anger. I came to a stop, flew up, and examined my work.
            There was no noise or light coming out of the city. It was truly a dead city, and the buildings reflected that. I suddenly regretted my decision, and looked at the cars on the roads outside of the city. I felt them watching me, judging me. I screamed again, and started going on a rampage, killing everybody in my way. In three days I had destroyed the world. But no matter what, there would always be eyes. The eyes of those people judging me, the hating eyes, the hurtful eyes, and most of all, the eyes of the woman I killed.

10 comments:

  1. miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. TTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your story. I like how it shows the darker side of being a superhero. Sometimes, it is not about the fame and glamor. Some will hate the superhero in some mean ways. I will share it with my grade 10 students.

    ReplyDelete