11.5.13

Two Sides



Two Sides
            As I stepped on to the plane, I was greeted by the man and the woman standing at the door. I walked through the narrow aisle, past the blue seats, and scooted past people, trying not to rub too much against them. I finally got to my seat, twenty four C, and the people sitting down already got up to let me in.
            I wiped the sweat from my brow, and brushed my hand lightly on my shirt. I waited patiently for take off, and nodded at a steward as he passed by. The flight was going to Los Vegas, and I was nervous. This gamble was a big one, and I couldn’t lose it. Everything depended on me getting it right, and there were no second chances.
            We started moving for take off, ever so slowly but everything seemed to be moving quicker to me, and in a few seconds we were in the air. I turned to the man in the middle seat and said “Hi, my name is Abeyance.” Of course that wasn’t my real name, but I wasn’t going to give him that.
            “That’s a different name, but so is mine. It’s Wither, by the way.”
            “Well, I do like different names. So, what are you on this flight for?”
            “To either throw my life’s savings away, or double them, what else? What about you?”
            “I’m on this flight for a gamble of my own.”
            “Oh, so you’re going for a girl then?”
            “I suppose you could say that.”
            He laughed at that, and said “Well, I wish you good luck with that.”
            In all honesty, I was going for a girl. But she’s also a guy, and he’s neither as well. It was impossible to put a set gender to him, but the most common one that he’s called is male.
            The girl at the end said “What does she look like? Is she pretty?”
            I smiled warmly, and said “Oh yeah, she’s the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. I love her with all my heart, and would do anything for her.”
            “That’s so sweet, I hope you two end up working out.”
            “We will, I’m sure of it.”
            At that we sat in silence for a while. I was watching a movie, I think it was Flight 93. I sat there enjoying the movie, and it seemed like minutes had gone by when it was hours. I checked my watch, and it was my destination. I reached under the tray, and grabbed what I was looking for.
            I called for the steward I had nodded at earlier, and asked “Where’s the bathroom?”
            “Towards the back of the plane.” We both nodded, and I got out. He shot the girl at the end, and I pulled out my gun and shot the man. Blood splattered on both of us, some got in my mouth. It had a taste of iron to it, and was salty. I spat it out quickly, and it left a red blotch on the floor.
            “Everybody stay in your seats and nobody will die. Don’t worry, we’re not going to hurt you if we don’t have to.” I yelled. We proceeded to the front of the cabin, where two stewardesses jumped on us. I slammed into the wall, making the air leave her lungs. Her grip loosened slightly, and I threw her off.
            I kicked her legs out, and made her get on her knees. The steward put the other one next to her. We stood behind them, and put the guns to their heads. At the same time, we said “In the name of the one who is father and mother, daughter and son, all and nothing, everywhere and nowhere, we execute you and send you to your judgment.” And then pulled the trigger.
            Blood splattered everywhere again, getting us covered even more. We proceeded to the cockpit, where the pilot and co-pilot looked at us in shock. “Get up and go back to row twenty four, sit down and stay there.” I said. They obeyed without question, and left us. I took the pilot seat, and the steward guarded the cockpit.
            I took a hard left, and started flying to the ocean, where I would crash it. These people would die, but many more would survive. There was a bomb on this plane, planted there by the other stewards and stewardesses, along with the man I was sitting next to, possibly the girl as well.
            I knew I would be hated for this, and nobody would ever know of the favor I did them, but those who mattered would. Those who told me about the bomb, those of my religion. In the name of the one who is father and mother, daughter and son, all and nothing, everywhere and nowhere, I sacrifice myself to the grace and mercy of the one who is judge, jury, and executioner. I will die in happiness by knowing of the good I do, and knowing that I die for the one who saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment