16.5.13

The Monsters Within


The Monsters Within
            I walked down the street, shaking incessantly. This wasn’t what I wanted when I made that wish, I didn’t want to literally see people’s monsters. I hadn’t wanted to see them as they are in sight; I only wanted to know what they had. I suppose that that’s the downside to wishes, they take you literally.
            I passed one man whose entire body was made of knives, with a cut, bleeding throat and a scarred, leathery face. Not just his throat was bleeding; every knife was dripping blood as well. He stared at me with his empty black eyes, and I realized I was staring.
            I quickly looked away, and my gaze fell upon the ugliest woman I had ever seen, staring at everybody hatefully. She had tough, green skin, three fingers on each hand, four independently moving eyes, dried, cracked lips, and ears that were torn apart so they were just stubs.
            I turned away again, and saw a man who looked almost entirely normal. The only things keeping him from being normal were a torn open chest, revealing his beating, pulsating heart which was bleeding, and a noose ever so slowly growing tighter and tighter around his neck, constricting him so that his face was starting to change color.
            I put my face in my hands, and stumbled on, never looking up. I must have looked like I was high or drunk, the way I was bumping into everybody, but I didn’t care. I didn’t want to see these monsters, the closeted skeletons, these horrible people with their terrible secrets.
            But then I looked up, and in doing so saw the worst one yet. It was simply a dark form, a pitch black soul sucking terrible dark form in the shape of a human, devoid of heart and mind, emotion and soul, unintelligent and emotionless, simply a horrible creature. I let out a scream to rival the battle cries of the olden warriors, and ran into it, attacking. I punched it, my hand started bleeding. I kicked it, my foot hurt. All the monsters were staring at me, when I gave it a head-but that could take down a boxer, and fell to the ground.


Luke was a sixteen year old boy with brown hair and brown eyes, suspected of being high on some hallucinogenic when he stumbled down the street, attacked a mirror, hit his head off a wall, fell to the ground, and died. Doctors have confirmed that he has died from cut wounds on his wrists and body, along with head trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment